Every custom project is different, and some are more different than others. We've gotten some fairly unusual requests throughout the years here at AMS, and our jobs are even more fun when we get the opportunity to take on new challenges. Check out the gallery below where we're highlighting some non-traditional ways to add sparkle- from a polished shark tooth or unusual minerals to faceted metal or alternative finishes, there's more than one way to blind a cat ;)
The "halo" trend (encircling a center stone in smaller side stones) is as strong as ever! With that in mind, we want to highlight a few of our favorite variations. Click through the gallery below to see some unique twists on this timeless trend. All items pictured were either created by or purchased through A.M.S., so feel free to contact us with any inquiries!
*not JUST for moms!!!
Let's face it... birthstones are fun! Celebrating your unique FAMILY is even more fun!!! We get requests all the time for family jewelry that's modern, wearable, and won't remind you of anything you've seen before. Jewelry that not only fits into your lifestyle, but tells a more personalized story about your brood. Click through the gallery below to see some examples of some "not-your-mother's-style" Mothers' Jewelry.
Below is a list of traditional birthstones, each with a link to the wikipedia.com page about the gemstone. Alternate birthstones are listed in parentheses for June, October, and December and (due to their harder and more stable nature) are recommended over the traditional for those birth-months, especially for ring designs.
Whether it's a marriage or a special friendship, milestones are important. We've had the pleasure of helping hundreds of couples find the perfect piece to celebrate their relationship. More than just finding a piece with the "right number" of Diamonds, why not find the piece with the "right aura" that shows how well you truly know each other? Contact us for in-store shopping assistance, or to schedule an appointment for a custom piece. Click through the gallery below for inspiration:
Shop AMS online or in-store between now and February 10th to be entered* to win a PRIZE PACKAGE including:
- Dozen Long-Stem Red Roses
- $25 Downtown Racine Gift Certificate
- One Bottle Champagne
- One large box Assorted Handmade Chocolates
Stumped about what to get your Valentine? Anniversary bands are sure to satisfy, and come in styles as unique as your sweetie! Looking for a more traditional gift? We have a variety of formal and informal Diamond Tennis Bracelets to choose from!
*All customers who purchase in-stock items between now and Friday February 10th are automatically entered into a drawing to win the Valentine's Day Gift Package! Winner will be drawn and announced at 4pm on Fri. Feb. 10th (prize can be picked up during store hours on Saturday February 11th [10a-4p] or Tuesday February 14th [10a-6p]).
ATTENTION LAST MINUTE Valentine's Day SHOPPERS: Although you will not be eligible to win the grand prize Gift Package, ALL PURCHASES MADE ON FEBRUARY 14TH WILL RECEIVE A SMALL BOX OF HANDMADE CHOCOLATES! See in-store for details or call 262-633-0545 with any questions.
All customers who purchase in-stock items between now and Saturday February 11th are automatically entered into a drawing to win the Valentine's Day Gift Package! Winner will be drawn and announced at 4pm on Sat. Feb. 11th (prize can be picked up during store hours [10a-6p] on Tuesday February 14th).
Gift Package to Include:
- Dozen Long-Stem Red Roses
- $25 Downtown Racine Gift Certificate
- One Bottle Champagne
- One large box Assorted Handmade Chocolates
ATTENTION LAST MINUTE Valentine's Day SHOPPERS: Although you will not be eligible to win the grand prize Gift Package, ALL PURCHASES MADE ON FEBRUARY 14TH WILL RECEIVE A BOX OF HANDMADE CHOCOLATES! See in-store for details or call 262-633-0545 with any questions.
It's hard to believe it's already Valentine's Day project time! We've got some fabulous new pieces in the works for this upcoming season; especially a few new pairs of Mokume Gane Earrings! Take a look at the images below to get an idea of what Chris has been working on (these pieces are already sold, but illustrate his current line quite well).
We hope that the New Year finds each of you well. Notice that we've returned to our regular store hours: Tues-Thurs 10a-6p, Fri 10a-7p, Sat 10a-4p, Closed Sunday and Monday. Remember that walk-ins are always welcome, but we do recommend scheduling an appointment if one-on-one design attention is needed. Click here or call 262-633-0545 to schedule today!
Here's our staff photo from our 2016 Christmas Party:
We'll be here working hard, so why not have the door open, RIGHT?! :)
Every day from now thru Christmas Eve, stop on in to:
- Shop for Gifts or Yourself
- Have Your Jewelry Cleaned for the Holidays
- Buy Gift Certificates (can be used on in-stock items, custom orders, and repairs!)
- Pick up Custom Orders
- Pick up Repairs
- Enjoy a Coffee and Just Say Hi!
Here's a recap of our Holiday Hours:
- Friday 12/16 - 10a-7p
- Saturday 12/17 - 10a-5p
- Sunday 12/18 - 11a-3p
- Monday 12/19 thru Friday 12/23 - 10a-7p each day
- Saturday 12/24 - 10a-1p
ee you Downtown!
Happy December, AMS Family! We know it's a busy month, so don't forget about our Holiday Sunday hours (11am-3pm thru Christmas) for any of your shopping or custom work pick-up needs! And remember to stop in for these great December Downtown events:
- December 2nd - First Friday and Customer Appreciation Party Night - Join us for catered Hors d'Oeuvres, Refreshments, Prizes and more!
- December 10th - Holiday Open House Ugly Sweater Shopping Jam - Come to a participating Downtown Racine shop wearing your favorite Ugly Sweater and be entered to win one of three $50 Downtown Racine Gift Certificates. All AMS sweater-wearing shoppers will receive a FREE GIFT with purchase and complimentary treats and refreshments.
November is so full of life! The world around us is changing, and we find ourselves busier and busier as we prep for the winter months and holidays. Here's a quick list of November events:
- November 4th - First Friday
- November 12th - Downtown Holiday Parade
- November 19th - D.R.A.W.
- November 26th - Small Business Saturday
Click the name of any event above to be directed to that event's webpage. As always, check our Facebook page, blog, or in-store for the most up to date information on AMS event details.
In addition to our regular in store Wish List (the hard-copy book at the counter that you're used to), this year we're adding something new for November's First Friday: a Photo Wish List! Here's the blurb we put out explaining the event:
Art Metals Studio, 332 Main Street, is hosting their “Photo Wish List” event: Try on your FAVORITE piece of A.M.S. jewelry and SMILE for the camera!!! Get into the PHOTO BOOTH party spirit, work on your holiday wish list, and glam-it-up with your First Friday friends. You (or anyone shopping for you) will receive 15% off of the item in your photo between now and Christmas eve (if it’s still available-don’t delay!). …Feeling extra SOCIAL? -post to social media and tag A.M.S. or email your photo to a friend, and be entered for a chance to win a $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE toward your wish list item! Shop early for the best selection of our one-of-a-kind and Limited Edition pieces. Photo wish list discounts will apply from now until Christmas eve only! Cannot be combined with other offers. Minimal exclusions apply. See in store for details. Happy Fall!!!
Pretty neat, huh? So don't forget to stop our and see us for First Friday!
Here at AMS, we're busy with our Limited Edition pieces, the first of which were released in the last week of October. Only 20 of these pendants will be made, each one stamped and numbered. 10% of all sales of the 2016 Limited Edition piece will be donated to the Racine County Food Bank. The design this year is a beautiful tear-drop shaped pendant with Mokume Gane and three channel-set stone accents.
Opal and Tourmaline are some of our most favorite Gems, and the lucky babies of October get to have BOTH as their birthstones! (traditional is Opal, alternate is Tourmaline). How lucky is THAT?! Click through the gallery below to see some of our favorite October Birthstone pieces throughout the years. Enjoy!!!
THE CINDERELLA FEELING:the pure joy
when the ring you try on fits perfectly!
This First Friday, take$50 off any in-stock Silver rings! (and $100 off gold!)*
Or use Promo Code 50SILVER at www.artmetalsstudio.com/shop
See you Downtown!!!
*Offer valid on in-stock rings only. Cannot be combined with other offers. Expires 10/7/2016.
2016 Gemstone Event
a spotlight on the rocks we love & the designs that make 'em sing
3 Day Event - Presentations, Sale, & More!
Daily schedules listed below.
Thursday, September 29th- Store Hours 10am-7pm
- Preview Party with special 30% off all Gems 3pm-Close
- *Raffle Sign Ups: "Photo Booth Wish List" and "People's Choice Design Voting" 3pm-Close
- "Optical Phenomena in Gems" presentation with owner and head goldsmith Chris Sklba at 6pm
Friday, September 30th- Store Hours 10am-7pm
- Trunk Show begins, 20% off Gems 10am-Close
- *Raffle Sign Ups: "Photo Booth Wish List" and "People's Choice Design Voting" 10am-Close
Saturday, October 1st- Store Hours 10am-4pm
- Trunk Show final day, 20% off all Gems 10am-Close
- *Raffle Sign Ups: "Photo Booth Wish List" and "People's Choice Design Voting" 10am-2pm
- "People's Choice" Winning Design announced at 2:30pm
- Raffle winners announced 3pm
*Winner of "Photo Booth Wish List" will receive 25% off a single item on their list. Winner of "People's Choice Design Voting" will receive a $100 AMS gift certificate. Customers may enter the listed raffles once each, one winner per raffle. No Purchase necessary.
In addition to our in-stock Diamonds, Gemstones, Pearls, and Minerals, enjoy new work from award-winning Gem cutters and vendors Kimberley Collins, the Butterbrodt Family, and Robert Bentley. We hope you'll join us!!!
If you're a fan on social media, watch for posts about some of our favorite City of Racine "hidden gems" this month! We're spotlighting some of the wonderful lesser-known spots in our fair city, and we hope you'll enjoy! Post to us at www.facebook.com/ArtMetalsStudio with any ideas that you think we should include next year. We love our city and are excited to share more of it with you!!!
We're starting a campaign to celebrate Racine's "Hidden Gems", and next weekend is all about the Racine County Food Bank!
AMS will donate 15% of all sales made the first weekend in September (2-3rd) to the Racine County Food Bank. We will be collecting non-perishable food items and cash donations as well!
Enjoy some First Friday fun and shop for a cause!!! See you Downtown!
Hello, Mokume Gane fans! Here are a few behind-the-scenes images to show you the intense process behind your favorite surface technique. Click through the galleries below; one with Mokume Gane process photos, and the other with finished Mokume Gane jewelry pieces. Enjoy!!!
A.M.S. will be closed for our annual vacation July 10th - 15th.
We will re-open with regular summer hours on Saturday, July 16th.
Have a beautiful week!!!
The world is in bloom and you should be too! This weekend (July 1-3) the beautiful Sterling Silver nature-inspired Jewelry of Kelim will be 20% off! Take the opportunity to complete your set, or find a few fresh “blooms” for your summer wardrobe! Click thru the gallery below to see some of these beautiful pieces!
Kelim 20% offer valid this weekend only. Cannot be combined with other discounts. Valid on in-stock merchandise only.
- Racine Rotary Post-Prom - May 21st - Line up to watch the motorcade on the streets of Downtown Racine, or head to the Civic Centre to see it all from the side of the red carpet, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Open House Racine County - May 21st - You're invited to come out and explore Racine County! Over 40 locations are participating, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Color Run Racine - May 28th - Downtown Racine hosts the Color Run! CLICK HERE for event map and link to more information.
- Chocolate Fest - May 27th-30th - Burlington's Annual Chocolate Fest, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Memorial Day Parade - May 30th - The parade travels thru the West Racine Shopping District, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Music on the Monument - Friday Afternoons from June-August - FREE Recurring weekly every Friday afternoon from 11:30am-1:30pm. CLICK HERE for more information.
- June's First Friday Celebration - June 3rd - Come to beautiful Downtown Racine and enjoy a night of shopping, entertainment, art, and more! CLICK HERE for more information.
- Comedy Sportz at the Racine Public Library - June 11th - The library is kicking off its adult summer reading program with Comedy Sportz! The event is FREE but advance registration is required, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Monument Square Art Festival - June 11th-12th - An outdoor fine art fair hosted in Downtown Racine on Monument Square, CLICK HERE for more information.
- World Wine Wednesday - June 15th - A world wine sampling event at the Racine Zoo, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Lighthouse Run - June 18th - This is the 37th year for the popular event, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Germanfest at Harbor Light Yacht Club - June 18th - Celebration of all things German: food, drinks, music and more! $5 admission, CLICK HERE for more information.
- EVP Beach Sports Festival at North Beach - June 18th-19th - Racine's beautiful North Beach, located just North of Downtown Racine, is hosting a Beach Sports Festival, CLICK HERE for more information.
- Racine Symphony Orchestra Summer Pops Concert at Festival Hall - June 24th - Tickets available online, CLICK HERE for more information.